Tuesday, June 12, 2012

Book Review - The Prime of Miss Jean Brodie

The Prime of Miss Jean BrodieThe Prime of Miss Jean Brodie by Muriel Spark


My rating: 3 of 5 stars


Since I had heard that this was Sparks best book, I was prepared to really like it but I am left wondering what I missed that I did like it more or think it was so incredibly good.

Miss Brodie makes it clear that she knows she is in her "prime" and that she is wanting to give her best to the girls in her class during this "prime". She is quite unorthodox in her methods, not wanting to teach the assigned subjects, but to instill in her group of girls much about live in the forms of religion and art and music. She has profound effects on each of them while her own life seems to be sad and rather unfulfilled.

There are some funny moments here and a lot of poignant ones.




View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails