Tuesday, October 23, 2012

Triple Book Reviews




Lady Audley's SecretLady Audley's Secret by Mary Elizabeth Braddon


My rating: 5 of 5 stars


Beautifully written Victorian mystery with colorful characters to admire and dislike.

Lady Audley is at the center of a story that involves love, longing, pain, deceit and regret.

Mary Elizabeth Braddon was a contemporary of Dickens and Willie Collins and quite successful at her writing. This bestselling story is a great read and makes me want to read more of her work.




View all my reviews


 


Greenery StreetGreenery Street by Denis Mackail


My rating: 3 of 5 stars


Life on Greenery Street of the 1920's is full of fun and adjustment and angst of proper manners and worry about money and much more for the young married couples who live there.

Engaging a property there is indeed very desirable and deemed quite a coup. So interesting to read about this time when every action every day was scrutinized for it's propriety.

A very fun read.




View all my reviews




A Wreath of Snow: A Victorian Christmas NovellaA Wreath of Snow: A Victorian Christmas Novella by Liz Curtis Higgs


My rating: 3 of 5 stars


A somewhat fluffy little story, but with great purpose; a man seeking forgiveness for great harm he had inflicted years ago.

The gorgeous cover draws you in to the beauty and comfort of a snow-filled Christmas in Scotland in the late 1800's.

A nice change from heavier reading with a beautifully packaged finish tied up with a beautiful bow.




View all my reviews

1 comment:

  1. That cover on the Christmas novella is just gorgeous, Linda; I'd have bought it just for that. I'm especially intrigued by the second book.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails