Monday, April 19, 2010

HURRY UP.............and S-L-O-W Down~~~~~~~


Reading has long been a Passion of mine............I have to remind myself at times to slow down as I read; to take it all in; not to rush to finish...........It is difficult when there are so MANY books that I long to read.

I spend most all my time these days reading as my creative pursuit instead of "making things". Oh, I still stitch a bit and re-arrange bits of the home front, but reading is what I long to be doing most.

Reading is the great Equalizer...........no matter your lot in life, if you can read, you have the key to meeting new people, visiting new lands and learning about whatever you want. Give me a great stack of books and a pot of tea and I'm happy.

Since beginning this blog, I have kept a book list on the sidebar. I would love to hear from other book lovers to hear of what you are reading.

4 comments:

  1. Hi, StarShine!!

    I'm with you!!! I long to be reading right now. (Still in, "A Tree Grows....." Had a marvelous time at the Ohio show and will write you tomorrow and tell you about it. Today I am taking time off to pamper myself. Took a shower and have been giving myself a pedicure. It is taking forever because I can't see my toes unless I do contortions and then that cuts off my circulation. lololol If you don't hear from me tomorrow you will know I couldn't get myself undone!!! Love your stack of books. I am going to the library tomorrow, a book I ordered is in......
    "The help". I will have to read my current book double time, this next one is on limited loan, time wise. Hugs and fun reading!!

    Love, Gwen......(in Michigan)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love to read too Linda! We are so much alike although it looks like you read classics while I like books for pure enjoyment! I belong to a book club but sometimes I think the discussion takes all the joy out of just reading for pleasure! Too much thinking! Just went to our library's book sale and now have a whole box of books to get through. Wish we could share but sometime I'll give you some hints on what I think is a good book! Hugs ~~ Connie

    ReplyDelete
  3. hello... hapi blogging... have a nice day! just visiting here....

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Linda! I sure miss you from way over here in the Land of Goshen! I'm glad to read about your summer activities and all the READING you're doing! I love old books too, as you know. I'm currently reading "Juncture in Time," by Robert Jefferson, a local 80-something-year-old author who I met at his book signing last week. It's mostly a collection of letters he has written to the Opinion Section of the Goshen News over the past decades, along with some good quotes from notable authors like C. S. Lewis, mainly about people's movement away from God, and how many Christians themselves are changing away from Biblical Truth. It's deep, but I like swimming in it. I'm writing you a long overdue email right now! Love you! Dianne

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails