Friday, May 11, 2012

Book Review - Jane of Lantern Hill

Jane of Lantern HillJane of Lantern Hill by L.M. Montgomery


My rating: 5 of 5 stars


Reading this for the third time I am as charmed as ever. I just adore this endearing story of 11 year old Jane, who is confused about why she lives in Toronto with her mother and mean-spirited grandmother with no knowledge of her father. Only after her summer spent with him at Lantern Hill, on Prince Edward Island, does she realize that her grandmother has conspired to cut him from her life and that of her mother.

Jane and her father set up housekeeping together as they begin to make up for the years apart. The reasons for her parents' separation are slowly revealed and through a tragic situation they are reunited for a happily ever after ending.


Although I did not discover Montgomery until my late 30's when I began working in the library,  I  immediately loved her as favorite author. I think I even love Jane as much as Anne of Green Gables. Written for young girls, her books, for me, remain timeless and fill a special niche in my heart that remains a little girl.



View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails