Wednesday, May 2, 2012

Book Review --- Wodehouse

Three Men and a MaidThree Men and a Maid by P.G. Wodehouse


My rating: 3 of 5 stars


As always, Wodehouse provides comic relief in between the reading of more serious books. He writes with great descriptive flourish, always entertaining.




The premise is simple; three men all in love with the same girl, and each engaged to her in the same few weeks. Sam is determined to win her back after a falling out, first using deception, later a night time visit to her home, where confusion reigns in all the characters staying there.




It is rather silly, but perfect, delicious fun.




View all my reviews

2 comments:

  1. I like this kind of "delicious fun." There's something so charming in this kind of British writing, isn't there? I watch "Keeping Up Appearances" regularly on our PBS station and love that, too. If it's English, I will love it. Regarding your comment on my under-construction miniature project, you know you are welcomg anytime to come play here! 8-)

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails