Thursday, September 20, 2012

Book Review - The Beautiful Mystery

The Beautiful Mystery (Chief Inspector Armand Gamache, #8)The Beautiful Mystery by Louise Penny


My rating: 4 of 5 stars


As the 8th book in the series, Inspector Gamache and his sidekick, Beauvoir, investigate a murder at a monastery in the wilds of Canada.

Penney always gives the reader good lessons about her topic, in this case, the history of this group of monks as well as the background of the Gregorian chants they use in the services many times each day.

The relationship between the two detectives is always interesting as they work their way through the evidence. I find myself disliking Beauvoir as much as I like Gamache.

The mystery remains so until the very end, but with the relationship between the detectives rather unhinged, left hanging for interpretation until the next book.





View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails