Friday, December 11, 2009

Christmas Book with Meaning to Ponder

As much as I read, I really ought to blog about some of the great books that I love.
I happened across this delightful one at my library used bookstore. It was written in 1886 by the same author that wrote Rebecca of Sunnybrook Farm, Kate Douglas Wiggin.



The Bird in the title refers to the family name and tells the story of the life of its' youngest child, Carol, and how she lived her short life with joy and meaning.

I do not believe in accidents. I believe that I was meant to find this, read it and share it with you in blogland. The story touched me and has made me reflect more on my own life. After all, isn't that what the best stories do?


Have you read any books lately that cause you to ponder?

1 comment:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails