Friday, August 19, 2011

BUTTONY Cigar Box Makeover !

I had fun this week taking this from just a cigar box to SWEET BUTTON BOX with the help of an image I snagged long ago at Just Something I Made
 
Cathe Holden is so generous in making great images and other stuff available for the taking. THANKS CATHE! I enlarged her Buttons Image, then messed around with it in Paint with the spray can thingie to make it look sorta beat up and smudged with time.
 
The little blue strips come with the Button logo and I used them to cover other printing on the box.
Inside I used a smaller image but did not re-do it.

 
 
 
The box currently holds a black glass charmstring that I recently started. It has over 300 buttons, mostly 80-100 years old.
Posted by Picasa

6 comments:

  1. What a wonderful idea - a perfect home for your BG charmstring. I love the distressing you did on the outer label!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This turned out beautifully Linda!! So glad to see you back in blogland....we missed you! Have a great evening.

    Hugs,
    Robin

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just found you via Robin. Wow, what a gorgeous collection! Your box looks simply wonderful!

    Have a lovely week!
    Gaby

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's a great use for it! And, it looks like a fun idea to make for a meeting, too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hello! I am your partner in the Button Card swap! I'm so happy to meet you! I can't wait to create a buttony gift for you! -- Laurie

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a pretty box! I love Cathe's stuff. I discovered it from your blog, and I'm going to have to start using some of those freebie images soon! Did you see the beach sign, the one that says that ladies on the beach must wear bloomers? So cute and funny.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails