Sunday, August 14, 2011

Day to Day Little Bits and Pieces ~~~

For many years I have kept a day to day gluebook; sorta like a scrapbook of the old days, but more of the little bits and pieces of daily life. As you can see, I include receipts, pics from magazines, bits of mail; address labels, pretty parts of an envelope, the addressed portion with my name. I include bits from places I've been, little bits the grandkids have drawn, pieces of products I like. Nothing is prohibited; I have even glued in swatches of hair from haircuts, cloth labels from a garment, found items from library books and so much more. It is quite fun to do and also to go back through the books from time to time, reliving my days.

I do not glue in this one every day, but leave it out where I can tuck little bits into the back of it and then from time to time, have a gluing session. It is an inexpensive way to sort of make a history of my life. After all, life is really about all the Little Bits and Pieces along the way.





















2 comments:

  1. As always, you make me smile. BOG (Big Ole Grin)
    I LOVE your daily gluebook. Made me think of the package of seeds I think I just threw out, too. Here I could have used it in my glue book. I know if I get rid of anything, I need very soon after it leaves. (Kind of like my last boyfriend
    ...........lololol)

    Thank you for inspiring so many, you are a wonder!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fun idea! I think I will try this! I so often tear things out of magazines but don't really have a place for it. It would be nice to have a gluebook that isn't a specific theme so I could put anything in it. Thanks for sharing this!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails