Tuesday, November 10, 2009

Heads and Hearts

My very favorite children's' illustrator from long ago is Jessie Willcox Smith. This image of hers is not exactly my favorite but conveys my feelings of the past week. Sometimes life feels like the head on our best dolly has broken and our heart along with it. Life disappoints us in various ways and you just wanna cry. Then, you gotta pick up the pieces and keep on keepin' on.














I want to be one that helps stitch broken hearts back together, but sometimes I need help with mine too. Knowing that friends are there for the heart mending part is a true comfort.

I feel better already.

5 comments:

  1. Awhh... I know the feeling.... hope you're on the upside now. :o)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know just what you mean! I love the illustration. Of course I will enter you into my giveaway! thanks for entering! suzie. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Linda, what beautiful pictures of your grandchildren! Keep them coming!

    Sorry you're feeling down. Remember that during this life we are all like a fish out of water because we are designed by God to have our real and long-term home in Heaven. There we won't have any pain or sorrow or depression or sickness or heartache . . . Read from Psalms when you feel down, and send me an email. You're a wonderful child of God, and I love you.

    Miz Di

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dear Starshine,
    Oh, how many times your words have helped to mend my broken parts. ;o) I have been "sleeping" for about three weeks now. Yesterday I forced myself to frame a couple of my "creative" trays and hang them. YOU are my inspiration. They are actually on the wall today. I might even finish that project I wrote you about. Love your pics AND your words. I am keeping my eyes on your "twinkle".

    Love, GwenGrl

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails