Saturday, November 21, 2009

Poem in My Heart



















So many things and ideas I want to do and so little energy in my day. I have to constantly remind myself of what is truly important in my life. My husband, kids and grandkidlets are top priority. This poem also reflects what I believe about our days on earth.

Blessings on all of you today~~~~~


Count That Day Lost

If you sit down at set of sun
And count the acts that you have done,
And, counting, find
One self-denying deed, one word
That eased the heart of him who heard,
One glance most kind
That fell like sunshine where it went --
Then you may count that day well spent.

But if, through all the livelong day,
You've cheered no heart, by yea or nay --
If, through it all
You've nothing done that you can trace
That brought the sunshine to one face--
No act most small
That helped some soul and nothing cost --
Then count that day as worse than lost.

George Eliot (Mary Ann Evans)

3 comments:

  1. Linda,
    What a beautiful poem, thanks so much for sharing it! Really makes me want to do something nice for someone today!
    Gail

    ReplyDelete
  2. Starshine, you can certainly say that your days are well spent. You have made a difference in mine since first we met and your "blog" has certainly enabled me to see more sides of your MANY facets. Love your poem.
    Hugs! Gwen Grl

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a wonderful and inspiring poem! Thanks so much for the heartfelt post Linda! I hope you and your loved ones have a super fantastic Thanksgiving!

    Take Care - Robin

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails