Sunday, November 1, 2009

New Month, New Window Treatment





Inspired by Eileen at Star's Fault, who was making a gorgeous tablecloth out of (gulp) Burlap, which I usually hate, I decided to fashion a new window treatment. The burlap was half price at Joann's so I bought a bunch. Used 3 inch wide grosgrain ribbon to pull it up in swags and then tied those off with 1 inch wide ribbon. I even had enough fabric left to do my own small round table too. I am loving it!

Warning: burlap is a MESS to wash and dry. TONS of fluff and fibers come out in the dryer filter. Glad I did this before my new dryer arrived last week.

3 comments:

  1. Linda, this is absolutely yummy!! I LOVE the black ribbons and the lighter color burlap. You're right, it does make a mess, doesn't it? Oh, I have just got to post my tablecloth, it turned out nice. My computer has been "sick" with a malware this weekend, but all better now, so back to blogging!

    Have a GREAT week.

    Oh... PS: I just noticed that I don't have you on my blog roll yet. Silly me! I will add it immediately!

    Blessings ~ Eileen @ Star's Fault

    ReplyDelete
  2. love the texture of these curtains, what a great idea, but I imagine your dryer WAS a mess!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love, love, LOVE these curtains!!! Just know it is warm inside the house they decorate. ;o)

    If I know you, you will make something out of the lint!! lol

    Love, Gwen Grl

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails