Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Book Review

The Blotting Book - A Mystery by E.F. BensonThe Blotting Book - A Mystery by E.F. Benson by E.F. Benson


My rating: 3 of 5 stars


Having read another book by this author that was quite funny, I was ready for another of the same, however, this one was quite different.




A set of events concerning an office of solicitors and their client, involving slander and blackmail, evolve into an even greater crime. The story is written to offer several alternatives to the ending, but the end comes at an abrupt finish.




I was taken with the authors' clean use of phrasing and setting up the story both in place and attitude. I definitely want to read more of his work.




Set in the early 1900's England, my favorite country to read about.




View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails