Friday, August 17, 2012

Book Review - The Burden

The BurdenThe Burden by Mary Westmacott


My rating: 3 of 5 stars


I have owned this paperback forever, (it sold for 45 cents!!)but just never read it although I am a HUGE Christie fan.

The story begins simply with Laura being quite jealous of new baby sister, Shirley. After a near tragedy, Laura becomes smitten with Shirley and devotes her life to her care, nearly smothering her with love. Shirley marries Henry and the plot becomes more involved.

Other characters in the story are Baldy, their neighbor who is influential in both the girls lives, and two other men, both love interests.

I dislike giving away too much in a review, so will suffice to say, that although there was major sadness in this book, it was very worthwhile reading. The characters are mostly likable and all challenging in their views on life.




View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails