Wednesday, August 29, 2012

Book Review - The Uninvited Guests

The Uninvited GuestsThe Uninvited Guests by Sadie Jones


My rating: 2 of 5 stars


As one who does not read the previews much before reading the book, I was a bit surprised at where this story ended up from where it began.

What seems to be a very proper English family is upended when a group of travelers from a train accident show up at their home on the night of the oldest daughter's birthday. The father has gone to the city in hopes of working a financial miracle to save their home.

Without giving away too much, the evening takes some very strange turns as the stranded travelers seek food and comfort and a strange man shows up at the door.

Then things get quite bizarre but with all turning right at the end. Rather strange and supernatural.




View all my reviews

1 comment:

  1. Very intriguing! I was drawn to the cover even before I read this post. I may look up a little information on the book and the author. I'm not bothered by "spoilers" since I read for the words and images, not just the story! 8-)

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails